Welcome!


Welcome to the Save Social Security blog. This blog was established to document exactly where each representative and senator in the 109th Congress stands on Social Security "privatization", a.k.a. Social Security abolition.

UPDATE: Josh Marshall has come up with a better system than this, so I've decided to shut this one down. Thanks to everyone who helped. I've been amazed at the level of support I've gotten, and the volume of e-mails, but I can no longer keep the site going alone. Thanks for your support.

How you can help


[+] (click the plus to expand)




Sunday, December 19, 2004

Connecticut

Senate:

Senator Joe Lieberman (D)
Unknown

Senator Christopher J. Dodd (D)
Strongly Against (Thanks to Alex T.)

House:

1 John B. Larson (D)
Unknown

2 Rob Simmons (R)
Strongly Against (Thanks to Alex T.)

3 Rosa L. DeLauro (D)
Unknown

4 Christopher Shays (R)
Unknown

5 Nancy L. Johnson (R)
Unknown

4 Comments:

Blogger Deleted said...

"I never use the term 'privatization' when talking about Social Security," Johnson said. The paper writes, "The congresswoman said she prefers offering 'young Americans' the choice to invest two percent of their Social Security benefits in the private market." [New Britain Herald, 10/27/02]

According to Associated Press’s Diane Scaroponi, Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-CT) “supports the idea of allowing workers to invest 2 percent of their taxable wages in stocks for individual Social Security accounts.” “I want younger workers to have that option, to invest in a personal account just like federal employees have that option,"Johnson said. "One solution is clearly to give younger people a sense of ownership over their Social Security benefit."

Here's a site that may be helpful for determining if Simmons is telling the truth. Somehow, I doubt his word on his site is worth a damn.
http://www.signthepledge.org/privatizers/index.cfm

December 20, 2004 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Alex T. said...

You're right, it seems I was a bit too hasty (i'm Alex T.)

http://www.signthepledge.org/docUploads/Simmons_10.17.pdf

December 21, 2004 at 12:44 AM  
Anonymous new fairfield said...

Hi, Thank you for having this info on the web. I enjoyed your post. If you may have any interest in
Connecticut Lawyers
then I know where you may get your solution. For your comfort, I have enclosed the link, so if needed you can visit the site. Thanks again for your lovely blog.

March 8, 2006 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous small business loans financing said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a small business loans financing
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

July 29, 2006 at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home